Side effects of Apple cider vinegar
Not talking about both pros and cons of a particular thing does not complete its entire information. Below mentioned are some side effects of Apple cider vinegar:
1. DELAYED STOMACH EMPTYING- Apple cider vinegar slows the rate food and liquids move out of your stomach to your intestines. Slower digestion makes it harder to control your blood sugar level.
2. TOOTH DECAY- Chompers are pretty important. Consuming large amounts of apple cider vinegar will just destroy them. The acetic acid present in Apple Cider Vinegar tears away enamel.
3. DROP IN POTASSIUM LEVEL- Consuming large amounts of apple cider vinegar may lead to low potassium levels, which can lead to weakness and fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, or irregular heart rhythm.
4. SKIN BURNS- Apple cider vinegar is sometimes applied topically to the skin and used as a toner. Before you start thinking of apple cider vinegar as the secret to clear skin, know it comes with a risk of irritation if mixed in higher concentration than water.
5. KIDNEY IMPACTS- In case of weakened kidneys or immuno-compromised kidneys, consumption of anything acidic is not at all beneficial.
6. DIGESTIVE TROUBLES- An increase in Apple Cider Vinegar is an increase in stomach acid. More stomach acid can worsen your burning sensation if your are already experiencing heartburn or re-flux.
7. SCALP IRRITATION- Putting vinegar on your hair can cause skin irritation, especially on your scalp. There are a lot of blood vessels and nerves in the surface of the human head, and scalp skin tends to be sensitive. Hence, avoid high concentration of Apple Cider Vinegar on hair.
8. DRUG REACTIONS- The acetic acid is quick to amalgamate with other drugs present in the body, resulting in a more intense effect of the drug. It can cause harmful reactions through the body, so one should definitely avoid consumption of apple cider vinegar if one is on medication.